Teardrop Hack #1 - Slider Tray

Liz and I knew that we'd want a surface on which to put a cup of coffee in the morning, a glass of wine at night, or even a laptop if I were in a situation where we could take a really long roadtrip--provided I had occasional access to clients.

Before the teardrop was finished, I'd gotten the under-cabinet dimensions in order to create a slider tray for that purpose.

I got a 2X3 foot glue-lam slab from Lowe's, sanded the heck out of it, and put 7 coats of urethane on it (overkill, perhaps?). I then screwed into it a drawer slide on each side. I then fabricated some lengths of L-shaped aluminum to attach the sliders to on one side, and to anchor to the underside of the interior cabinets on the other. In addition to that, I've added a bolt with two positions built into the slider table top, depending on what we're using it for.

Works like a charm, and it's hard to imagine the interior without one! Total cost for everything was probably under $30. 



My folks gave us a bottle of Hart Winery Merlot, 2014, to christen our teardrop. Hart Family Winery is the one of the oldest continuously family-owned and operated winery in the Temecula Valley, in Temecula, CA. It was also started by Joe and Nancy Hart, my aunt and uncle. P.S.--It's great wine!! Check it out, if you're in the vicinity!

Comments

Popular Posts